7 garlic cloves; peeled
1 ¼ cups packed fresh cilantro leaves; stems removed
¾ cup packed fresh parsley sprigs; stems removed
1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
¼ cup white balsamic vinegar
2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
½ teaspoons freshly grated lime zest
1/3 cup olive oil
- Remove axis deer tenderloin from the refrigerator at least 1 hour before cooking to bring to room temperature
- Using your favorite flavor Traeger Pellets, set Traeger Grills temperature to 450℉ (or 500℉ if available) and preheat with the lid closed for 15 minutes.
- Pat the axis deer tenderloin dry with paper towels. Transfer to large baking sheet and rub all over with the olive oil. Season all sides with the 2 teaspoons of the salt and one teaspoon of the pepper.
- Place axis deer tenderloin directly on the grill grate and sear on all sides. Turn temperature down to 300℉.
- Roast the axis deer tenderloin at 300℉ until it reaches an internal temperature of 125℉ on the Traeger Meat Probe in the center for rare, turning once during cooking time, 45 – 60 min.
- Make the ChimiChurri Sauce. Place garlic in a small food processor, cover and chop.
- Add the cilantro, parsley, pepper flakes, the remaining salt and pepper and cover until finely chopped.
- Add the vinegar, lime juice and lime zest and process.
- While processing, slowly pour in the olive oil in a steady stream from the top. Pour into a bowl and set aside.
- Remove tenderloin from the grill, tent with foil and allow the beef to rest for 20 minutes. This will allow the juices to distribute evenly throughout the beef.
- Slice axis deer tenderloin into medallions and spoon sauce over meat (with extra on the side). Also pairs well with fried plantains.